Code Amber News Service (CANS) - The Web's Amber

Followers

Our Home

Posted by Granny1952 Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our home is a home. Not just a house. We have 4 generations with the age span of 77years to 10 years old.

It all started a couple of years ago. I am raising 3 grandchildren. My daughter was going to college, plus working so her daughter was often with us as well, so that made 4 grandchildren. Then my daughter and I decided to make a home together. I put my house up for sale and started looking for another home that would be large enough for the 6 of us.

The house sold in record time. My Mom said come, stay with me while your Dad is in the Philippines; give yourself more time to find the house you want. Ten days after we all temporarily moved in, my Mom past away in her sleep.

The days that followed to get my Dad home and the funeral that took place were crazy. Then my Dad said he did not want to live alone and ask all 6 of us to make it a permanent stay. Plans to put an addition followed. That in itself is a story. The paperwork just to get permits etc… finally a year later, the addition was finished.

So now, almost 3 years later, we have settled into a routine. The children have benefited by the presence of always having an adult around. Dad has great grandchildren around to help him through his grief. We had each other to lean on to come to terms with our loss. And the children grew; the oldest one just graduating high school.

Most days are great. Of course, there are also rough days. Getting private time can be a challenge. Mealtimes can be hectic. Mornings are busy with everyone getting ready for work, school. Our grocery cart has raised a few eyebrows. Buy a dozen of eggs? I don’t think so…we buy in the crate of 5 dozen!

Would I change it? Not on your life. Hugs, Love, Laughter, Yelling, Crying, and more Love are elements constantly going on in these walls. There is never a dull moment at our home.

1 Responses to Our Home

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Hey sis, you almost make it sound like "fun" ha ha ha. glad to hear that you all are learning to live together. DOn't know if I could do it myself. I find it hard to live with what little privacy I get with only 2 kids at home to raise.

     

Post a Comment

Herbalife

Facebook Badge

ss_blog_claim=8e3ca8bbdabb35b77b8b955286956707